Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 328 of Giving Thanks

The enemy will lull you to sleep with his words. Some things sound really great from the pulpit or even better when we are justifying actions or the world around us.

Since writing Giving Thanks Daily and creating the Wonderfully Made page, I have been even more cautious about my writing. I am grateful that God has given me access to great counsel, that He has raised my awareness levels high – that my heart is grieved when something doesn’t “sound” or “feel” right, and I am prompted to question it. It does not always mean I am right, it does keep me going to the word to make sure I am; or seek counsel and guidance if I need to. 

There is a constant hum of “Be careful, Shawn, you are responsible to stand before GOD - watch what you share and teach others” plays on in my head.  

I hear people say all the time “that is the enemy". Not all bad circumstances in my life are attacks of the enemy - illness, storms, job losses, financial hardship or death. It is very comforting to know that God wants me to come to Him through it all. During all these times He is the constant; no matter why things happen, God is the why I will get through them.

God will use me greatly when I come to Him greatly. And I come to Him greatly when I need Him greatly.

Father, help me to see through, and exemplify You through all I do. I pray for discernment and truth.  

1.      Psalm 119:125 I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.
2.    Proverbs 3:21 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight;
3.     Proverbs 17:10 A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than a hundred lashes a fool.
4.    Proverbs 28:11 A rich man may be wise in his own eyes, but a poor man who has discernment sees through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment